I don’t recall if I made a blogpost here about the first bullet brake I had installed on my bike. But if I did it was probably not that positive as I struggled to keep the pressure on the crucial braking system after that install.
I did several brake bleeds and every single time I did it all improved but the issue in the form of trapped air also returned shortly afterwards. So I eventually had to remove that bullet brake.
Until recently the owner of the company contacted me explaining they had a revised model and wanted to know if I would be willing to test it. That is how this update was created.
Just to be clear; they did send me this new bullet brake to test for free. Never was I asked or instructed in anyway on what to say in an update video. They were honest in that they would appreciate an update but that’s it. Also I did pay for the original bullet brake I tested last year.
With that out of the way I’m truly happy to inform you this one worked like a charm right out of the box. I bled the system directly after installation, went for a quick ride to discover I forgot to actuate the bullet itself during bleeding, fixed that and had no more issues after.
It’s not that I didn’t properly bleed it before. I tried several times and even had it done by a professional once to be sure. Either my initial bullet had a defect or they did indeed improve the internals. Whatever it was I’m glad this is working now.
I live in “Pays des Collines” which translates to “land of hills” so I often have to park on a slope. I even know chargers that don’t have a flat place to park on. This thing makes all the difference.
Now I just need to remember to always engage the killswitch so I’m forced to release the bullet brake when I want to arm the motor again. That is good practice anyway.